Trenches and Footings
Building foundations and concrete footings for commercial and residential building projects is a core area of our expertise. We have considerable experience with small and larger projects, on all types of ground.
Preparation of the ground is crucial before building foundations, and for most of our projects these go hand in hand.
GS Construction UK Ltd is often the first contractor on a building site, and much of our initial work is seen only by the building inspectors. When the building is complete, much of our work is hidden.
- Levelling the ground
- Setting out dimensions and levelling
- Digging out for the foundations
- Building the concrete foundation, including the base steelwork
- Building the walls up to the Damp Proof Course (DPC) level
The floor slab is the infill between the foundations, this is the ground floor for most buildings, or a cellar area. A fllor slab may be suspended on the foundation brickwork if the ground is not as solid.
- Infill in preparation for floor slabs
- Adding any required insulation
- Incorporating any required steel
- Laying a floor slab
Building foundations can be a messy job. We take care of existing land and garden areas to minimise disruption.
We prepare foundations for our own residential projects, or as a subcontractor for larger commercial projects.
Call to discuss your requirements