House Extension Project Brief
The conservatory was too cold in winter, too hot in summer and too small to be of much use, and a much larger utility area was required. The need for a new shed prompted this project, the flagged area was a mess and needed leveling for a shed, the drainage from the garden and field was becoming a problem at the back of the house, with lack of runoff. It was decided to do the full house extension.
Extension and Garden Paving
The existing kitchen was to stay, with some minor adjustments to doorways to open up to the original utility area then reuse of an existing door in the new extension.
This project included the following:
- Removal of the conservatory
- Build of a new single storey extension
- Relocation of the heating boiler
- New garden paving with gentle slopes towards new drainage channels round the back and side of house
- Unblocking or replacement of land drains
- New retaining wall, and base for greenhouse on an upper level
- Relocation of the original back door to the garage.
This turned out to be a larger job than expected. Working closely with the building inspector, the foundations were dug to almost 3m deep, and the concrete base was heavily re-inforced, keyed to the main house and then suspended.
“An excellent job, and Gary and his team are a pleasure to have around” – Len
Please call Gary at GS Construction Ltd, the builder Burnley for further details 07913 336249.